This delicious banana bread is vegan friendly and created with tonic herbs and mushrooms to upgrade it to the next level.
Perfect for the autumn and winter evenings. Let us know how you get on with it.
- 210 g flour (or 200g rice flour for GF option)
- 1 ½ tbsp cordyceps powder
- 1 ½ tbsp he shou wu powder
- 1 ½ tsp Baking powder
- ¼ tsp Baking soda
- 50 g sweetener of your choice (e.g. coconut sugar)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon, ground
- Pinch of salt
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 ½ tbsp peanut butter
- 1 ½ coconut oil
- 110 g oat milk
- 70g, toasted nuts (e.g. pecand, almonds), chopped
- 100g dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 banana, sliced in 3 parts lengthwise
Preheat oven to 180 Celsius
Mix both set of ingredients in separate bowls until well combined. Then, in parts slowly pour wet ingredients into flour and mix well with spatula until it forms a smooth mixture. Gently fold chopped nuts and chocolate chips. Pour into loaf tin lined with parchment paper (or greased). Decorate with sliced bananas.
Bake for 45-60 minutes. Let it cool before slicing and enjoy with a side of mushroom latte for extra dose of healing!