We are excited about one of our newest products, the beauty complex. A combination of three of the most treasured herbs to promote beauty and the health of the skin.
As with most of our products, the beauty complex is a concentrated extract powder, ready to add to your favourite smoothies, teas and foods.
Here is a little synopsis of the main ingredients and what you can expect.
Tremella, also called the snow mushroom, has been used in beauty regimes in the East for thousands of years. It’s a delicate white medicinal mushroom which grows on dead hardwood in parts of the Tropics. Legend has it that one of the most beautiful women in Chinese history, Yang Guifei, took tremella daily for beautiful clear, glowing skin. Big brand beauty names are picking up on tremella’s beautifying properties, and they are beginning to add the medicinal mushroom to high-end anti-aging creams.
Tremella’s mild and pleasant taste have made the medicinal mushroom a sought after culinary delicacy, while its many health compounds help to make it a beautifying, health-enhancing superfood in its own right.
Tremella contains a powerhouse of nutrients including vitamins, minerals, polysaccharides, and plant sterols. It also contains vitamin D, a vitamin which is normally only found in animal products. One ounce of raw tremella mushroom contains approximately 94 calories, 20 grams of carbohydrate, 6 grams of protein, and 9 grams of dietary fiber.
- Anti-Aging: Packed full of antioxidants that act as free radical scavengers
- Skin Plumping: Stimulates the production of hydraulic acid
- Skin Clearing: Vitamin D improves the appearance of the skin
- Weight Control: Helps to balance metabolism and makes you feel fuller for longer
- Lung Tonic: Nourishes the lungs which has a knock-on effect for the skin
This ingredient needs little introduction as it has grown to become a superfood superstar. Also known as wolfberries or gou qi zi, goji berries have been used for over 5,000 years in Traditional Chinese Medicine to balance, strengthen, and nourish the body. Their delicious, cherry-like taste help to give a pleasant hint of fruity sweetness to the beauty complex powder.
Nutrient-dense goji berries contain over 20 bio-available minerals, vitamins, and phytochemicals including thiamin, calcium, iron, selenium, vitamin B1, B2, B6 A and E. Goji berries are also antioxidant, protein, and fiber-rich.
Half a cup of goji berries contains around 200 calories, 0 grams of fat, 3 grams of fiber, 4 grams of protein, and between 35 and 163 percent vitamin C. They are one of the rare plant-based, vegan-friendly proteins to contain all 8 of the amino acids. The exact nutritional content of goji berries of goji powder depends on a variety of factors including the maturity of the berries, where they were grown, and the preparation and drying methods that are used. Our berries are sourced from a pristine part of China, in a region which is known for producing some of the tastiest and highest quality goji berries in the world.
- Limits Premature Aging: Antioxidants fight free radical damage to reduce oxidation
- Collagen Boosting: Amino acids and vitamin C encourage the skin to produce more collagen
- Improves skin condition: Beta-carotenes improve skin elasticity and tone
- Nutrient-dense: Vitamins and minerals nourish the body
- Eye-Tonic: Lutein and zeaxanthin help to protect the retina from UV damage
Schizandra berry is a small woody vine which is native to parts of Northern China. As one of the superstar herbs in tonic herbalism, schizandra berry is believed to calm the heart and quieten the spirit. It’s nicknamed the five flavored berry because of its unique flavor profile which has sweet, sour, salty, bitter, and pungent components. Schizandra berry mixes well with the sweetness of goji and the mild, earthy taste of tremella for a well-balanced beauty complex.
If used for 100 days successively, Schizandra is said to purify the blood, sharpen the mind, improve memory, rejuvenate the Kidney energy, and cause the skin to become radiantly beautiful.” – Ron Teeguarden
This super berry is packed full of skin-loving nutrients including vitamin C citral, linins, stigmasterol, and deoxyschizandrin. The unique blend of nutrients help to make the berry an extremely effective skin tonic that is able to reduce skin inflammation and redness, even out skin tone, as well as help to protect the skin from wind and sun exposure.
- Astringent: Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Detoxifies the Liver: Stimulates enzyme production and promotes healthy cell growth
- Eye Tonic: Improves eve health and reduces redness
- Adaptogen: Increases the body’s resistance to stress
- Skin Beautifier: Helps the skin to retain moisture for increased radiance