This delicious Medcinal Mushroom Mac And Cheese is... vegan, gluten free and fat free.
This simple recipe is the most delicious, comforting and wholesome spin on the classic mac and cheese.
- 12 oz gluten-free, corn-free elbow pasta
- 2 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 medium-sized carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp of medicinal mushroom powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, more to taste
- 1/2 cup water or vegetable stock
- Black pepper, to taste
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until soft. Drain and set aside.
- Place the diced potatoes and carrot in a steamer or colander set over a pan of boiling water. Cover with a lid or tight-fitting foil and steam for 10-15 minutes, until tender. Remove from heat.
- Add the steamed potatoes and carrot to a blender along with the garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, oregano, turmeric, lemon juice, sea salt and water. Blend until smooth.
- Place the cooked pasta in a large saucepan or pot and add the sauce. Heat until warmed through, about 3-5 minutes. Season with black pepper to taste before serving.