With the perfect balance of goey and crunch, i give you.. your new favourite weekend bake!
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup tahini
- ½ teaspoon of Lion's mane powder
- ½ cup coconut sugaror maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- ½ cup white sesame seeds
- ½ cup Blackberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius. Whisk together the almond flour, baking soda, and sea salt in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Process together the tahini, lions mane, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract in a food processor until smoothly combined. Add the almond flour mixture to the food processor and pulse until well combined. If mixture is still crumbly, add water by the tablespoon as needed until smooth dough forms.
- Form the dough into 1-inch balls and roll them in the sesame seeds before placing them onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Leave at least 2 inches between the cookies. Press a thumbprint into the centre of each cookie and place the cookies into the oven. Bake the cookies for 8 to 10 minutes.
- To make the blackberry jam add 1/2 cup of wild blackberries with 2 tbsp of maple syrup to a food processor and pulse for around 30 seconds.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and fill each one with 1 teaspoon of Blackberry jam. Place the cookies on a wire rack to cool.